Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Halloween 2007

Finally Halloween is here! Eli and I have been in Halloween mode for more than a month, so it's nice that it has arrived and is done with. I'm sure the kids will continue to have skeletons and ghosts on the brain for weeks to come, but we can start to take down the cobwebs and un-decorate the house.

Zachary wore Avery's frog costume from last year, and Avery (with no prompting from me!) picked out a Harry Potter costume. This year Eli took them out trick-or-treating while I manned the candy bowl. He enjoys taking the kids, but I know he also enjoys the neighborhood tradition of Shooterween (alcoholic treats for the grown-ups). Since our section of Brambleton is pretty well self-contained we only get visitors for about an hour after it gets dark, which is nice.

Golden Pond had Halloween Parades for each age group all week long. I wasn't able to go to Avery's parade, but he was able to join Zach's parade the next day. The kids were very cute, following the teacher around the parking lot like little ducklings. I never thought I would see so many two and three-year olds following instructions so well.