Monday, August 18, 2008

Reinstating Nap Time

Lately I am at my wits ends with Avery and Zach in the afternoon. All day long they get steadily more wound up, and by mid-afternoon they are bickering constantly, or pestering me, or chasing the cat, etc. I am officially re-instating nap time. Or at least quiet time. Avery stopped napping around three and half, and Zach stopped napping at two (yes, at the same time). It was a tough way to end my pregnancy, and it has been tougher since then.

Today, Zachary was insanely tired today at 4pm. We were doing a project with stickers and he was having a tantrum over literally 1000 stickers. So, I had it! I told them they had to stay in their beds for at least 30 minutes, being quiet. 15 minutes later, they were both asleep. I had 30 glorious minutes all to myself until Leah woke up!

Eli and I figure that once school starts the boys should be more tired in the afternoon, and thus more likely to take a nap. And if not, then they will just have quiet time to give me a short break.

No comments: