Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Story of Nutmeg

One day in January 1997, Eli and I went to a pet store in West Virginia. We met this wonderfully friendly cat. She reminded me of a cat I had at home named Spicy and I thought for sure she was meant for me. Later that day I went home without that cat and found out that my cat Spicy was suffering from a stroke and would be put down the next day. I called up Eli and told him that I was sure that cat we met was meant for me, it was destiny. Sure enough, I had convinced him to get the cat and as a tribute to Spicy, he thought of the name Nutmeg. She was a perfect cat, a little crazy at times, hence the tail being amputated, but nevertheless a great friendly cat. She immediately inherited a brother named Pi from Eli's family. They grew to be friends. We lost Pi in Oct of 2002. Early on, we discovered she had a form of Feline Leukemia that was not fatal, but gave her a continuous cold, but she never stopped purring. Even to this day she purred. Eli took her this evening to be put down from the cancer in her jaw that we found 4 months ago. We said our goodbyes and she surely will be missed, especially by me. She was a very special cat.

No comments: