Monday, July 23, 2007

It's a Girl!

I just had my 20 week ultrasound and found out the baby's gender. It's a GIRL!!! We are very excited. Eli has been pestering me with names since we found out. Even Avery and Zachary seem to be excited about the idea of having a sister (though that's probably just contagious excitement from us).

Avery and Zachary came along with us for the ultrasound. Avery was very inquisitive about the monitor and what he was seeing. I don't think either of them understood the images, but when they heard the heartbeat they were extremely interested.

After having all the pictures and measurements taken, we had to wait almost 30 minutes for the doctor to arrive and verify that the baby was healthy and growing normally. The kids were getting into everything and wanted to touch the equipment, so I showed them videos on our camera and Eli showed them movies and games on his iPhone. They also lay down on the bed to pretend to get ultrasounds; apparently they've been pregnant ever since we told them I was pregnant.





No comments: