Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Avery Starts Preschool

I took Avery to his first day of Preschool today. He has been excited for days, and was extra hyper this morning. When I picked him up in the afternoon I tried to ask questions about his first day. He told me that he had a snack and that he met friends, but he couldn't remember what he ate or any names.

I did find an art project in his bag, a synopsis of what he'll be doing this month, and a schedule of his activities. The teachers at this school really pack in a lot of activities for such a short half-day. In less than four hours they have Spanish, art, outside play, a snack, story time, and then depending on the day, math, science, language, or music.



Zachary is totally different child by himself. After we dropped Avery off we stopped on the way home for bagels, a muffin, and gas. When we got home, Zachary wanted to share the muffin with me. Then he ran to the family room and started taking the cushions off the sofa to make a fort.

When that was over, he asked if we could look at pictures on the computer. Picture time normally lasts for a few minutes until Avery wants to do something else, but Zach kept it going, wanting to see more and more pictures. The lunch table was blissfully quiet with no potty talk or baby talk to drive me crazy. To cap it all off, when we got back from picking Avery up, Zachary was asleep. I put him to bed and had another two hours of one-on-one time. This is fantastic!