Thursday, May 15, 2008

Mother's Day at Golden Pond

This is how Avery describes me:
My Mommy is 10 years old.
She weighs 100 lbs and is 6 feet tall.

And this is how Zachary describes me:
My Mommy is 3.
She is as tall as Daddy.

Two flattering portraits, but they are in for disappointment when they are older and realize that I'm almost a foot shorter than Daddy.

More interesting insight from Avery:
"Mommy's job is to clean-up, but at her job she plays with us."
"She doesn't work, Daddy does."
"Mommy likes to sleep when she is home alone."
"Salad is Mommy's favorite food."
"Mommy likes doing dishes." (this is 100% false!)
"Ellen" and "Ellen's song" are my favorite TV show and song.
Avery finished on a strong note: it makes me happy to hug and kiss him, and he likes it when I hug and kiss him.

In Avery's class he painted my nails and gave me a back massage with a toy car. We made a hand print painting together and had a snack with tea. In Zachary's class we played with blocks, had tea and cookies, and also made a hand print painting together.