Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Avery and Zachary Fly Up

In Golden Pond School parlance, "Fly Up" is pretty much the same as "graduate". I think they use the alternate term because it can be easily explained to the children. The boys each got a cap and a pin during a short ceremony, followed by refreshments and goodbye hugs with the teachers.

I had mixed emotions about the boys being out of school. I'm really happy that I don't have to drive them back and forth twice a day, but sad that I won't have alternating alone time with each of them. So far we have been busy and tired; summer is great for going to the park and meeting up with friends, and I have managed to go to the grocery store a few times with all three kids.

In the morning we usually hang out at home so Leah can nap and I can work on the never-ending piles of laundry, clean up after breakfast, and occasionally write on the blog. After lunch we go to the pool or to the park. Home for dinner and to meet Eli, then back to the pool or out for a walk or to play in the driveway. Tiring, but far preferable to being cooped up with Avery and Zachary bickering all day.